Alvie Estate Cottages
DescriptionAlvie & Dalraddy are traditional Highland Estates 4 miles south of Aviemore near the village of Kincraig in Badenoch, the geographic centre of Scotland. The Estates extend into the Monadhliath hills from the River Spey, famous for its fishing and whisky and overlook the Cairngorm Mountain range in the Cairngorms National Park.
Alvie & Dalraddy provide an ideal centre from which to explore Scotland, participate in one of the many activities available on the Estate and locally, search for your roots, find out how we make a living in rural Scotland or just enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the natural environment.
Alvie Estate has 3 traditional farm cottages and 2 flats in Alvie House, most with superb views of the Cairngorms.
All cottages have a combination of heating systems. Background heat is provided by electric storage heaters whilst instant heat is provided by panel heaters, open fires and log stoves. Alvie flats have central heating and open fires. A supply of firewood, kindling and coal is provided; additional fuel can be purchased through the Estate Office.
We have a wide variety of activities available on the Estate such as Horse Riding, Zip Wire Park, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Archery, Quad Bike Treks, Estate Tours, Bush Craft Survival Techniques & Paintball.
The properties are provided with most of the following facilities:
• TV/DVD/Freeview box
• CD Radio
• Electric cooker
• Microwave oven
• Fridge freezer
• Pillows and duvets
• Iron and ironing board
• All bed linen, kitchen cloths & bath mat (not personal towels). For visitors staying more than one week a change of linen will be provided each week .
• Broadband WiFi connection (Top Flat has a limited signal)
• Cots & highchairs, stairgate & baby bath can be provided on request.
• Basic Groceries & Alvie meat are available at Dalraddy Holiday Park
Cottages & Flats
• 1 Wester Delfour – sleeps 4
• 4 Wester Delfour – sleeps 4/6
• Park Cottage – sleeps 6/8
• Alvie House North Wing – sleeps 8/10
• Alvie House Top Flat – sleeps 10
Please feel free to give us a call on 01540 651255 if you can't find your required dates on the online booking system. We offer short breaks at various times of the year & we may be able to work something out for you.
To locate Alvie & Dalraddy Estates please click here